CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. – With neither the Jets (big surprise) or Giants in this Sunday’s Super Bowl, local delis in New Castle have prepared accordingly.
“There’s no local teams playing in the game and the economy is in the tank,” said George Haletzky, manager of Lange’s Little Store Deli in Chappaqua.
Haletzky said that even with demand expected to be down, his store is still offering three different party combos, both of which are $99.99 plus tax and need to be ordered a day before the big game.
Unlike Lange’s Little Store, Rocky’s Deli in Millwood is treating the matchup of San Francisco and Baltimore in the same fashion they did New England and New York.
“We haven’t noticed too big a difference,” said Rocky’s Deli employee Jim Kearns. “What we’ve found is that, for the most part, it doesn’t matter who’s playing. Most people who have Super Bowl parties are going to have Super Bowl parties regardless of who’s playing.”
Two other caterers in downtown Chappaqua will have special Super Bowl menus. Gail Patrick’s Café will have a full menu, which includes kick-off starters, half-time entrees and 3 to 6 foot party wedges, and Villarina’s Deli will be fully stocked with wings, hot platters, cold cut platters, ribs, heroes and salads.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange